Old October 31st 20, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Default Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle

On one two seater outlanding close to the club, my Subaru Forester was tasked to take the trailer into the field and pull it out with the glider. In another case, landing in a fallow sandy loam field glider had the glider sitting on the gear doors. I was thinking I'd have to ask the farmer for a tractor, but the Forester had no problem at all. There's been a lot of other soft fields. AWD and 215/60R16 tires do great, with the exception of maneuvering a trailer in pea gravel when the ECU throws up its hands.