Old August 31st 03, 04:08 PM
JerryK

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:51:08 -0400, martin201 wrote:

I'm interested in hearing from people who have direct knowledge regarding
the care and feeding of the P337. I have always admired the design and I
think it has a lot to offer for the money on the current used market. I have
read everything I can get my hands on, and I have talked to many of the
people in the owners group. I have a little reservation in taking the word
of people who have committed to a plane; we all tend to be more optimistic
in our portrayal of our aircraft than realistic. I would like to know what
experience people have had though, not what they have heard through the
rumor mill. Thanks Frank

Some friends are about to purchase a 337 (non-pressurized and non-turbo).
We looked at a number of these planes and from a maintenance prespective,
the pressurized and turbocharged units look tight. There is a lot of
pipes in a rather confined space. So plan on simple things like oil
changes taking a bit longer because of the need to disassemble pieces.

With that said, it did not look any worse than a friend's T210 that had an
intercooler. He has to remove that component to get to his oil filter.

jerry