Old January 28th 04, 02:13 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Michael Houghton" wrote in message
Howdy!

In article ,
ET wrote:

My wife is a teacher, and while I would love for her to earn more, if you
take her salary and divide it by number of days worked, she does very
well indeed. To compare teacher salaries per year to other occupations
leaves out the summers, holidays, etc....

...how many hours week does she work? How much time does she put in in
the evenings and weekends doing teacher work? Don't forget to factor that
into your math.

The teachers in my daughters high school do virtually NO work outside the
classroom. Their syllabus is usually prepared by the various departments and
each teacher has one or two TA's for each class they teach.

If a teacher arrives at 7:00 AM, they're out the door by 2:00; in at 8:00
they're out by 3:00. After 3:00 only admin and staff are still at the school
except for extra curricular activities that earns the teachers
overtime/bonus pay.

How many people in private business put in a lot more hours each week for
the same pay...and with better qualifications?