Old January 13th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:46:12 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:

:Why can't the UAV just fly along under an IFR flight plan and everyone
:else just avoid the little thing just like any other plane on an IFR
flight plan?

They will. The problem is the VFR guy with no electrical system and
no transponder, barreling through and not seeing the UAV.

Then the VFR guy needs to get his eyesight checked. How is that any
different from hitting someone else. Are you telling me that in every
previous case of a mid-air that blame was shared 50/50 between the two
parties?

Next, These UAVs are probably flying 10,000 along the boarder. How many
VFR "guys" with no electrical system, radios, transponder, etc are going to
be a) that close to the boarder and 2) that high?

I'm not really that opposed to ops along the boarder. My concern is when
UAVs spread to other areas around the country, metro areas, police actions,
etc and now we start having TFRs or worse all over the place.