Old May 28th 04, 12:18 AM
Snowbird

wrote in message ...
Snowbird wrote:
Sounds a lot more to me like you're saying, if you encounter IMC
unexpectedly and need to file a pop-up clearance, you haven't done
a very good job of flight planning.

That is exactly what I am saying.

Then I'm saying that you're mistaken, and that you might want to
rethink this viewpoint because it might be dangerous to you.

snip

FWIW, I haven't found composite flight plans too useful. ...
And it still doesn't address the issue of how to get an IFR clearance
enroute when you need one.

It doesn't?

No, it doesn't

One of us doesn't understand a composite flight plan.

Why would you say that? I think both of us understand a
composite flight plan. We just disagree about how much
of a panacea it is, or ought to be.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but it looks to me
like you don't understand that there are times when one doesn't
file an IFR flight plan (composite or individual) because the
preflight briefing leads one to believe the flight can be
completed VFR -- but unforcast IMC is nonetheless encountered
enroute.

A composite flight plan will not help with this cirucmstance.
What one needs at this point is the info the original poster
requested -- how to get IFR clearance enroute.

Overandout,
Sydney