Old July 10th 03, 02:27 PM
S. Sampson

"Gooneybird" wrote
Cub Driver wrote:
The
number of cadavers to practice on, are almost unlimited. For example, I got
a B in Gross Anatomy, but after 6 months in Iraq in 91, I was able to conduct
all manner of procedures, and my amputation rate was the lowest in the unit.

This comes under the category of information that I'd really rather
not have.

(Gross Anatomy? Really?)

You think Gross Anatomy is gross? If you knew anybody involved in health care,
you'd know that Gross Anatomy is merely the doorknob to the world of gross!

You guys are using the wrong definition of gross. Gross as "in the main" is what
the schools mean. The subject is very exciting and probably more practical than
the damn cats and frogs we disected in high school. My problem in medical school
was that I just wasn't ready to memorize all that crap. It was too much information,
too fast. Alas, I survived...(hint: everything comes in threes...)

It's really much, much worse (depending on how you look at it) once you get into
it! You think I'm exaggerating? Just ask anyone involved in the medical
professions for the straight poop.....it'll invariably be a lot straighter and
far more poopy than anything you ever wanted to hear. (^_^)))

When your surgeon says he's going to remove your colon, then you better hope
he doesn't find the subject "poopy." :-)

This is a great web site:

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/Med...hp/visible.htm