Old July 10th 03, 09:51 PM
Eastward Bound

"Les Matheson" wrote in message news:yq5Pa.65$N%3.13@lakeread01...
I suspect the best way to get the Air Force to pay for medical school is to
attend the Air Force Academey and do very, very well academically and in the
military training. Then get selected to go to med. school as graduated
work. Second best is to go thru ROTC get a schorarship and excell
academically. Again get admitted to a med school as a graduate program by
the AF. I never ever heard of anyone, with or without college going through
BAsic as an enlisted person getting selected for medical school. Don't
believe it if a recruiter tells you it can be done. See a medical
specialities recruiter, not the Joe Blow guy down the street. There might
be special programs, but they have special recruiting teams for them.

Les
F-4 C(WW),E,D,G(WW)/AC-130A/MC-130E EWO, ret
.

Thank God for your post! I am sincerely grateful.

Still, I don't know what to think.

I'd rather be an Air head then a Jar head but that's just me.

I do wish that the Air Force Academy in Colorado will take care of the
rape issue that has been going on. It's not something to be proud
of...

What other places does the Air Force have an Academy besides Colorado?
Don't you need to be sponsored by your state senator to attend? Just
like going to West Point? I can't imagine it being tougher to get
into them West Point but still tough nonetheless.

This is probably why many doctors are either middle age or older
because it's just so difficult and 10 years education is a very long
time.

I would prefer my doctor being middle aged rather then someone young
an inexperienced.

For me if someone is going to mess with my body, experience counts.
He/She better know what they're doing and experience couldn't be more
important.

I'm not a guinea pig, I'm human...

Right now my Doctor is Dr. Onyegotcha. Can you believe I actually
thought she was Asian with that name when in fact she was black?
Maybe she has a husband who is Asian. I think DR's are wonderful and
I give them all my respect and admiration for what they have been
through. True that there are a lot of bad doctors out there but
regardless they are some very brilliant people of the world.

We need more doctors so that I can talk to my doctor one on one for at
least 30 minutes instead of only 5 minutes.

What happens when I'm already old! I want good health care!