Old February 14th 18, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default 2018 - AN EXCITING YEAR

At 18:17 14 February 2018, AS wrote:
On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 8:45:07 AM UTC-5, Kevin Neave

wrote:
I think the emphasis was on *affordable*
=20
A new K21, DG1000, or Perkoz are all around 80-85k Euro.
Plus VAT
Plus trailer
Plus Instruments
=20
This means it's unlikely that you'd get a new 2-seater in the UK for

much
less than 120k GBP
=20
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of suitable 2nd hand ab-

initio
trainers around at the moment
=20
KN
=20
=20
At 13:20 14 February 2018, Kiwi User wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 03:58:51 -0800, AS wrote:

=20
Any new affordable trainers to replace the aging fleet of 2-33,
TwinAstir or K21 models on the horizon? Without them, we are

just
rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic!
Uli 'AS'

Kevin - you got it!
There is nothing wrong with the TwinII or the K21 except most TwinIIs

in
th=
e US are essentially single seat gliders with a large luggage

compartment
d=
ue to multiple repairs while the K21s are few and far between and

when one
=
comes up for sale, it still costs a fortune.
We need an affordable, well performing fiberglass trainer that prepares
fut=
ure pilots for the V3, D3, etc.
Uli
'AS'