Old July 16th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

Default How similar are the 1-34 and 2-32 to fly?

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:27:43 -0700, wrote:

Just wondering how similar these two ships are to fly. Performance
numbers seem to be in the same neighborhood. I've been flying our
club's 1-34 and have gotten comfortable with it. What should I expect
if I were to step into the 2-32?

Basically higher roll and yaw inertia. Rolling into and out of turns
takes a little longer, with higher aileron forces, and you do more
work on the rudder to keep the yaw string straight. It will gain
airspeed a shade faster with the nose down. All told, an easy
transition, much easier than your first flight in a single-place.

rj