Old July 16th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How similar are the 1-34 and 2-32 to fly?

Your responses are interesting. The reason I posted this question is
because it was recommended (by a CFIG and former LS1f owner) that the
2-32 would be a good ship to use for transitioning to my new (to me)
LS1f. It doesn't sound like it will handle much like the LS1f. I've
spoken to many current and former LS1f drivers, and they all tell the
same story regarding it's handling. Light, responsive, excellent
control harmony, docile and a joy to fly. This doesn't sound like your
descriptions of how the 2-32 flies.

The things I'm most concerned about climbing into the LS1f is the CG
tow hook (take-offs) and energy management during the landing phase.
My own approach to transition was to get some time in a G103 or an
ASK21.

What do you guys think? 2-32, or something glass like the 103 or 21?

Thanks.