Old November 2nd 17, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 5:30:06 PM UTC, Paul T wrote:
Will the GP 14 Velo actually be legal to fly in FAI13.5m class in future?

Heard the GP14 and Lak's had to take out the battery's so could meet
35kg/m2 wing loading limit. So if FAI insist on FES for self launch and
35kg/m2 in 13.5 m class they are going to have a small pool of small
pilots who can compete in one legally.

Sorry having seen the GP15 at Aero not impressed - like the V3, and
SZD-56-2 they are built for the 'smaller guy'. I'll buy Schleichers or
Jonkers who design for the larger person, and still seem to have the
performance. FAI should outlaw this silly'small cockpit' practice.

The large ("Performance") cockpit mock-up for the V3 at Aero was too small for you?? The V3, the GP 14 and the GP 15 will all come with 2 cockpit sizes - eventually.