Old December 22nd 05, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default The engine is finally back!

I'll echo that... we did an overhaul by a local shop. Piper Pawnee
O-540-235HP with STC to 250HP

He did his normal run at the shop.. then once installed.. it was a quick
(short) static run (mag check) to check oil pressures and leaks.. then shut
down inspect...

Then it was start and go.. no ground time.. it was 100F out and we did not
want to overheat on the ground... FULL Power climb to 10,000MSL where the
outside temps were cooler and we could run it full throttle at cruise.
Stayed there for 1+30 monitoring oil temp and pressure (no CHT available).

A few more flights at altitude to accumulate about 5 hours total before
putting it to work, glider tow.

Over 55 hours on the engine now and just swapped from Mineral to regular AD.
All appears well.

BT

"dlevy" wrote in message
news
Same here.

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
ups.com...
snip
I did my first 30 minutes orbiting the airport with tower permission.