Old October 20th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

Default What is the Average Age?

"Flutter" wrote in message

As a new pilot, i got my license (not even a month ago) when i turned
15

What country?

i still dont know anyone who is anywhere near my age yet though
All the men who i met while learning where great people but where all
over 50 is there actually anyone out there who is under 20?

At least here in the US, your average pilot is probably over 50 as you have
noticed. Hang around flight schools and you will find the younger folks
teaching and learning.

Having old guys around is not all bad. When I first got my Private license,
I informally teamed up with a retired airline pilot who had lost his medical.
We flew a lot together, shared expenses, and sort of mentored each other. It
was a great experience for both of us.

If you are thinking of making a living flying, you can be cheered by the
sure knowledge that many of those those old folks will be out of the business by
the time you are ready for the left seat of your Boeing.

Vaughn

Vaughn