Old July 18th 03, 03:17 PM
OldCop

Well Jim as of right now I'm considering a Titan S model. Something I can
get into (land) anywhere and still have some cross county ability. The
initial cost doesn't scare me, it's the per hours cost on reitrement money.
I have read that the 80 horse Jabiru's are about 3gph.

My oldest son just graduated for Purdue. We just moved him home last
weekend. We was in their avaition program and graduated with distinction. He
was chosen to fly their BeechJet last year and completed his duties the
first week of July. They paid for the Type Rating and he had to promise to
stay for a year. For what we spent at Purdue I could build something real
nice like you guys. He's got all the abc soup ratings and is instructing at
KJVY until something opens up.

Andrew my youngest is hoping to get into the Naval Acadmey and it's looking
good.

This all goes to money I hope to have to fly on after retirement.

I know class when I see it. Thanks for the smiles and knowledge you have
shared, keep up the good work,

OldCop

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
"Major Norman Wigginton"

-I have been reading this thread for a long time as I am hoping to build

my
-own airplane when I retire in 18 months.

Good!! Watcha gonna build?

-
-I have been a police officer for 29 years and I still marvel at the
-lengthens people will go to when someone hurts their feelings. It almost
-sounds like kids sometimes, "Mommy, he pushed me"!

And the funny part is, within arms reach are my Ruger Sweet 16, Ruger

stainless
Single Six, and my dad's 1913 Winchester.

-Something else I have learned during my career is that sometimes if you

just
-leave it alone it will go away.

That's the intent. I've got too much to do getting ready for Oshkosh next

week
to carry this little teapot tempest on.

-
-Lastly, I am trying very hard to be a Christian but I fail everyday. One
-should lead by example thru their actions, not by words.

Amen, brother.

-
-Please realize what a great thing we have here in RAH and be considerate

of
-others and just let some of the petty stuff roll off. Let it go Jim,

show
-them your class as you did in your apology.

Class? Hell, you got at least three LETTERS of it right {;-)

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com