Old September 6th 03, 12:06 AM
Stan Gosnell

(Davdirect) wrote in
:

Somebody is hangaring a brantly at the helicopter school I
train with and I took a look at it one day. My biggest
concern is how short the mast is, or rather how low the
blades are to the ground. I'm an average guy 5'11" and I
could see someone being decapitated very easily approaching
this aircraft with blades turning. Just an opinion.
Dave

Well, you just keep people out from under it. It's not the only
one, the S76 is even worse, especially during start & shutdown.
The blades can come down below 3' easily then, and below head
height at idle or operating RPM if the cyclic isn't kept back to
near full aft position.

--
Regards,

Stan