Old October 19th 04, 11:47 PM
C Kingsbury

"Dico Reyers" wrote in message

The numbers seem pretty attractive as far as speed and fuel
consumption. I wouldn't be building it personally and would have
someone/some company (thats built a few) build it for me. I don't
pretend to be a builder, but I would like to get from point A to point
B quickly.

Why don't you just buy a Columbia 400? It will cost the same or less,
probably hold its value better, and cost a heck of a lot less to insure,
assuming anybody wants to insure a 4-P. Not to mention it seems like a much
safer airplane. Those 4-Ps are some incredibly hot birds but they strike me
as being just a little too close to the razor's edge. The fact that it gains
something like 100 knots over the Columbia 400 tells you something. Me, I'd
rather have the 20 knots lower stall speed.

Best,
-cwk.