Old April 18th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default UPDATE -- Headset Noise

David Lesher wrote:
writes:

Looked like a simple repair, but in the tight confines behind the
panel it was a nightmare to get the wires stripped, twisted together,
and soldered back on.

If I was made czar of airplane panel design, I'd make it in modular sections
that could easily be removed. Wiring between sections would be through
connectors that would allow a "problem" section to be removed and repaired
on a bench.

I envision all avionics in the back, inc. under the rear seat. The panel
has a small head with display. Mike/headphone jacks have a box as well.
The boxes connect to the rear via ordinary ST fiber optics jumpers --
light [boo], sturdy, no ground-loop issues.

And the panel would hinge up, al-la "cab-over" semi tractors.

Of course, it IS just a dream.

Have a look at the Aerospatiale Trinidad / Tobago series.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi