Old October 13th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_4_]

Default Tow Signals

I don't fly both ends of the rope, but it seems to me that we at the
trailing end have fewer adverse effects that can be caused by the pilot
at the other end. In other words, we could cause the tug pilot more
problems that he can cause us. The two times I've been waved off, there
was no mistake about what was intended. To solve the spoiler open
thing... I just fly ships that don't have them (yukin' it up, here)...
Seriously, know and use the signal. Someone posted that there's no
excuse for not having a $200- portable... There's no excuse for not
knowing these important signals. Radios are great but... Radios DO
malfunction... Transmissions DO get walked on... And... you don't get
too much for $200- in a portable. That being the opinion of someone
that does radio for a living.

Jack Womack
PIK-20B N77MA (TE)