Old May 14th 16, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default Need a measurement on an LS-8

Mark, I can't rig my glider today because of weather. But if it helps, my wing stand, which is non-adjustable, measures 41" from the ground to the bottom of the wing.

If you'd like, I can make measurements on my Cobra wing wheel later toady.

-John, Q3

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 9:01:45 AM UTC-4, Mark628CA wrote:
I have a customer who ordered a wing wheel for an LS-8. I have a wing profile template, but I need a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the wing at a position with a 29 inch chord so I can determine how tall the wheel fork needs to be. I tried to calculate it from the 3-view drawing in the manual, but it would be nice to have actual measurements to back up my estimate. Any help would be appreciated. Contact me though email: mark (at) mmfabrication (dot) com.

Thanks.