Old June 18th 20, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Tow plane wanted

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 7:46:23 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I did sit in the Pawnee once (not a power- or tow pilot, though) and concluded that one has to have the anatomy of an Orangutan to reach for the handle while still looking forward and out the window!

How far did the Orangutan optimized handle extend from the floor?

(We extended ours from about 8 to 20 inches which looked about right for humans.)

I would estimate at least 24 inches, I can fly, look straight ahead and easily and comfortably locate and pull the handle. Bob