Old November 14th 03, 01:35 AM
Stu Gotts

Not really common knowledge and you could screw it up if you're not
careful. You need to take the actual digits out, then clean the
contacts with a good cleaner or maybe even alcohol. If they're not
bad, this will bring them back to life. It's takes a bit of patience,
but it's not brain surgery.

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:03:46 GMT, "Steven Barnes"
wrote:

It's not just a couple segments, it's the whole 1st two numbers. We can
still dial a freq in, just have to count.

You can just pop the board/cover off the front? That's where the contacts
are?

Thanks. Sorry if this is common knowledge. 1st time airplane owner.

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
om...

"Steven Barnes" wrote in message

. com...
Heh, on the way back from the avionics shop to get the IFR cert done and

new VOR head installed, the LEDs went out on our #1 comm (KX-155). The

first
2 digits ( 121.9, the 12 is gone). Just went out in flight. What is
involved in replacing the LEDs? Is it the whole cover?

If it's a KX-155, they are not LED's. I've heard that sometimes you can

get them back
by cleaning the contacts and reseating the display board. I've got a

couple of segments
out as well.