Old October 9th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll

Default When to descend

"Mitty" wrote in message

"Cleared direct UDUZI, maintain 4000' until established, cleared RNAV 9L
approach." sounds like a lot of clearances I have received. Possibly not
by the book verbiage, but real world IMHO.

Why would you read anything into it?

I don't.

I'm not being argumentative; I just don't understand why you would not
"maintain 4000' until established" and at that point begin to descend.
Or, if you didn't like the profile, get back to ATC and "request lower."

I don't have to request lower from ATC, clearance for the approach
authorizes me to descend to 2700 at the TAA boundary.

It could be that ATC had crossing traffic at 3000' -- no?

Then he's got a deal.