Old December 14th 04, 06:09 PM
Icebound

wrote in message
ups.com...
Here I am with the big stick again. I can't recall anyone discussing
rough area landings or hostile terrain landings in a long time. For
example, forced to land (no matter the reason-you supply one) and you
are headed into a corn field, or a rice paddy, or trees, or perhaps
mountain slopes.

Okay, I'll bite first.

I'm over unsettled wilderness and there is an unbroken stand of 30 foot
evergreens as far as the eye can see. I'm gonna have to put a C172 down
into that.

Tell me how to do it.

Now, my uninformed personal opinion would be to flare as if I intended to
land on the tree tops, and as I start to sink, pull up more than usual to
try to mush into the trees in almost a tail stand. Is that possible?