Old December 11th 03, 01:25 AM
Dan Thomas

(Boelkowj) wrote in message ...
I have a 0200A Continental engine with total hrs (600hrs) and thinking maybe I
should change out the rubber engine mount bushings only because they have been
on the plane for 25+ years. They look fine but maybe a little sag on the bottom
ones. Is this usually just an eye ball assessment or a "must do" item based on
#years on the plane?

Thanks.Larry

The rubber must be getting a bit hard by now. New ones would smooth
things out some, and bring the engine up into proper position.
But that engine: 25 years and 600 hours is not good. I suspect it
could have corrosion problems that might bring more grief than old
mount rubbers.

Dan