Old November 16th 03, 09:29 AM
Jeff

Been doing this since 1997, I dont bother with that validate stuff, I dont think
its very accurate.
I just check pages with different browsers and if they load fine I am happy.

Peter Gottlieb wrote:

I have had good luck with Proxomitron for blocking pop-ups. If I had to
live with pop-ups all the time I would probably end up hardly using the net.
There are other good blockers out there also.

Please, please, PLEASE do *NOT* use his page as an example of how to code
HTML. It is a total mess internally. The "table" you are referring to is a
long string of erroneous closing tags for tables and table elements that
aren't open. It's lucky this page displays at all.

When you make a web page it should pass validation. Here's one to try:
http://www.w3schools.com/site/site_validate.asp . Pages that validate
properly stand a much better chance of working on different platforms (PC,
Mac, Linux) with different browsers (IE, NS, Opera, etc). Any sites I make,
or have made for me, must validate.

Peter

"BTIZ" wrote in message
more OT..

Jay.. I am also learning HTML and MS FrontPage...

which "Theme/Style" did you use to create the left menu with the hover
button added... or was it some other java script you picked up and
inserted.. also there seems to be a rather large "table" at the bottom of
the main page.. you can see it in the source code.. but it does not

display
on the web..

BTW.. I did not get the "pop up", but I have most pop ups disabled via
Norton and MS IE. I tend to only get the MS Popups now..

Bill T
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I changed some of the metafiles (or "meta tags") in my website this
afternoon, emphasizing "hotels" more. I did this in an effort to get

search
engines to "see" our site more clearly, and (hopefully) move us up a few
notches in the "results".

Well, something worked. Within an hour I had acquired a "pop-up" ad

that
now shows up every time I open my website. (I assume you ALL see this,
right?) It appears to be "keying" on the "hotels" meta tag? (See it --

and
hopefully our site -- at www.AlexisParkInn.com )

As most of you know, I'm learning HTML on the fly here -- so excuse the
potentially dumb question, but: Is there anything I can do from the
webmaster's side to eliminate this kind of "pop-up parasite"?

Thanks in advance...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA