Old April 27th 05, 01:29 AM
Dudley Henriques

Well, you're right as rain about it looking good at a distance. I couldn't
pick up a hair out of place in the photographs....but that's natural I
guess. I know what you mean about knowing every little defect by heart when
a job like this is finished. The way it worked for me when we had the
Mustang done was that in the initial inspection after it came out of the
shop, I picked up over a dozen "trouble spots" that really made me unhappy.
They gritted their teeth and "fixed" most of them, but to me, the job was
"not what I really expected".
It's funny though, over time, as the airplane picked up it's natural share
of "dents" and "imperfections" through it's use cycle, the "imperfections"
sort of blended in to produce an overall feeling of "looking real good" to
my eye, and my initial dissatisfaction gave way to an overall liking for the
paint job as it settled in and became a part of the airplane's
"personality".
Actually, my own looks are in this category as well. My wife says my face
would be perfect if I was seeking a career in radio!!! :-))
It looks great Ron. You and Margy should be proud. I like the windshield
mod, and I take it the hydraulics don't leave puddles on the ground under
the bird after the overhaul :-))
Best of luck with your new toy!!
Dudley

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:
That's got to be the best Navion rehab I've ever seen. Congrats to them
both on a superb job. Imron?

JetGlo.

Actually the paint job is not what I'd hoped. The paint shop screwed up
the stripe design and there are LOTS of defects in the paint. Lookds
good at a distance though.