Old February 10th 18, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kiwi User

Default VTOL Electric Aircraft

On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 22:43:14 -0800, 2G wrote:

Have you ever been around power planes? They do have propellers that you
can walk into, and people have.

Of course - and I've been able to get into all of them, except the SF-25,
without having to walk in front of the wing. On the Chinese thing we have
a set of knee-level unguarded rotor and a way to the cabin that requires
passengers to walk between unguarded rotors along an access part looks to
be 1m wide at the most.

I said and meant 'passengers', i.e. people who are not trained in airside
hazards, because the thing is intended for autonomous operation as well
as being manually flown. These people are likely to unknowingly stand
within the rotor arcs, especially if they are being met or seen off by
third parties.