Old December 15th 20, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Transponder installation article- Soaring Magazine

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 3:28:01 PM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
On 12/14/20 11:22 AM, wrote:
Within the past 2-3 years, someone did a very nice article on installing a transponder, I believe it was a Trig21 or 22, in their DG303. I've searched but can't find the article/issue. Does anyone recall this or happen to know the issue?
Thanks

I installed a Trig 22 in my Stemme and one in my gyroplane. It's
straight forward especially if you also buy a pre made harness. Simply:

1. Find a place and install the remote box.
2 Install the control head in the panel.
3 Connect the control head with the remote box using the purchased
cable. (You can make your own cable if you're handy with that, the
connectors and pins are included with the transponder.
4. Connect 12v and ground to the red and black (respectively) wires.
5. Connect the static line to the static ports using the supplied
T-fitting.
6. Install the antenna and connect the coax to the transponder
7. Power on and configure per the instructions.

If you're also installing ADS-B, it's even easier than the steps above:

1. Install the GPS,
2. Connect the GPS to the transponder. It's powered via the Y-cable
(ordered separately)
3. Mount the GPS antenna and connect the coax cable.
4. Power on and configure per the instructions.

Hope that takes the mystery out of it.

--
Dan
5J

I can supply custom length cables that power both the TT22 and TN72.

http://www.craggyaero.com/transponder.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com