Old June 28th 20, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jp

Default Max flaps IAS for ASG-32Mi

I have read, and re-read, the POH for the ASG-32Mi and am uncertain of the recommended and max IAS for the various flap settings.

On p. 118 there is a diagram of what I suppose are the recommended, effective flap IAS ranges. On the ASI are marked the max IAS for flapa 5,6 and for flaps L. These ASI markings are also documented on p. 30 of the POH.

By the way, I know the POH, at least the POH I have, does not have page numbers. The page numbers I note above are indicated on the software I use to read the POH on my computer.

So, the ASI marking shows a max IAS of about 97 kts. for flaps 5 and 6. My guess is this means I need to get to flaps 4, let's say, if I tiptoe above an IAS of 97 kts. Is this correct?

On the other hand, on p. 118 (sorry) I read the top of, I guess, the effective IAS for flaps 5 is about 47 kts.

Does all this mean that I can fly flaps 5 at a max IAS of 97 kts but the useful top IAS for flaps 5 is 47 kts.?

Forgive my utter ignorance of flaps on gliders. I am just beginning to sort out flapped gliders.

Thank you.