Old June 28th 20, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Flying IFR in a glider

Charles Longley wrote on 6/27/2020 9:53 PM:
Yeah I don’t see any rule against it. I might set up my glider for IFR. Seems like the chances to go above 180 are usually happenstance without a wave window close by.

A major feature is the ability to go cross-country, not possible within the
confines of a wave window. At the time I got mine, there was no IFR requirement
for the pilot or the glider, but it did require a transponder; possibly, they'd
require ADSB now, but I'm guessing.