Old June 30th 20, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default ZeroAvia's Val Miftakhov makes a compelling case for hydrogen aviation

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 23:36:54 -0000, wrote:

Most airports don't even offer MOGAS and you think they are going
to install huge solar arrays and cryo-coolers to produce liquid
hydrogen?

Perhaps.

Yeah, sure, when hell freezes over and hippopotamus fly.

If my preliminary calculations are near correct, I would expect LH2
generating facilities to reside on-premises to avoid the loss of
efficiency in transporting it for delivery.

Your conclusion that 'huge solar arrays' would be necessary may be
incorrect. Have a look here

Don't forget the energy required to do something with the
hydrogen to make it usefull, such as compression.

And again, if airports won't offer MOGAS, what in the world makes
you think there is any motivation to install a hydrogen production
facility?

--
Jim Pennino