Old March 29th 04, 09:50 PM
Krztalizer

Just so, Gordon. And it's not even combat memories. I know
damned well that the USN and USMC took Gavabutu and Levu-Vana
islands during WWII, but damned if I can find them in any history
books now. I've even seen the film footage, so I know it
happened.

I've seen it to - they used to show that footage regularly, on Veteran's Day.
Usually between showings of "The Longest Day" and "The Sand Pebbles".

[OK, I wasn't gonna do it, but in light of how this started ...
Anyone that missed the goiter-sized swelling in my cheek as I
typed the above isn't psychic enough to warrant consideration as
a regular in r.a.m.n. This ain't r.a.m, after all. We can tell
the real from the BS and the tongue-in-cheek here.]

One would hope. I finally opted out of RAM after the latest assault from
racist, cross-posting nits.. Sooo glad they haven't carried it on into this
forum as well.

v/r
Gordon