Old June 28th 04, 05:16 AM
Jay Honeck

But the alternative is to have to load each bag, then lift it up and
slide other bags under it. That surely can't be better than the Mooney
method.
Perhaps my family of 4 just carries a lot more bags than most.

Our door is big enough to actually fit my body inside the plane. If I have
enough luggage to fill it to the top of the fuselage (usually a camping
trip, with coolers, tents, etc.) it takes a bit of pre-planning to load all
the baggage in a logical order.

Sometimes the last couple of items must be "dropped in" over the back seats.

Still, for 90% of our trips, we don't come close to filling the baggage
compartment, even with four people.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA