Old October 11th 05, 04:13 PM
01-- Zero One

Ted,

I hope I did not mislead you. I fly an LS-3a, not a V2C. I was
responding generally about the dangers of flying projectiles in the
cockpit.

I mounted it ..er.. uh.. . I mean, it was mounted by the A&P by
screwing the retaining plate and straps to the baggage compartment tray
with a backing plate below the tray for strength. In the LS-3a, there
was just enough room to get it in next to the glider batteries.

Larry

"Ted Wagner" wrote in message
news:1128998777.1f71e5987c5709d715a54423cda1bf20@ teranews:

Larry, how did you mount it? I mean, how specifically is it attached to
the fuse?

"01-- Zero One" wrote in message

Hmmm?? In front of the wing spar sounds to me like you now have a nice
forward moving projectile in the event of a forward moving collision.

I also have one of these units and I had it installed behind the spar
because 1) that was where I could fit it in and 2) there was a natural
barrier (the spar) to keep it from hitting me in a sudden stop.

Larry

"Armando Pucci" wrote in message
:

Dear ~ted/2NO

On mine V2cM the ACK ELT was originally installed by factory on the

left
side of baggage compartment just BEFORE of
the wing spars using original ACK support with a quick release latch;

The
remote control is installed on the panel.

Sds VoLo.

Armando R. Pucci
Ventus 2cM (AR)