Old November 5th 03, 03:36 AM
Del Rawlins

On 04 Nov 2003 05:47 PM, posted the following:

We got back to our place. The workshop is gone, along with the
project. The house survived, with some minor exterior damage. We
were very, very lucky, the houses on either side of us are gone. The
iceplant (that my wife hated) around the house helped. So did double
glazed windows, cement shingles, stucco walls and well watered lawns.
I'm sketching out a system with a gas driven pump, running sprinklers
on the roof, in the trees and along gutters. I don't have a pool to
suck from but the neighbors do, I might try to talk him into splitting
the system with me, while he's rebuilding.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the airplane. I'm not going
to start again from scratch. So if I can find a project, or a flying
homebuilt that could use some upgrades, I think I'll buy. 4 place is
my only hard requirement.

I'm glad to hear that at least your house survived, but sorry about the
shop/project. Was there anything salvageable out of any of it (like
tools, etc?). I know that if anything like that happened to me, even if
insurance covered everything (which it should), so much of what I would
lose would be irreplacable stuff which originally belonged to my dad.
It would suck to lose the project, but at least a kit is available now.

If you are looking for a new project, be sure to look at the Bearhawk
kits:

http://www.bearhawkaircraft.com/

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/