Old November 5th 03, 07:35 AM

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:31:47 -0800, "Morgans"
wrote:

:
wrote
:
: We got back to our place. The workshop is gone, along with the
: project. The house survived, with some minor exterior damage. We
: were very, very lucky, the houses on either side of us are gone. The
: iceplant (that my wife hated) around the house helped. So did double
: glazed windows, cement shingles, stucco walls and well watered lawns.
: I'm sketching out a system with a gas driven pump, running sprinklers
: on the roof, in the trees and along gutters. I don't have a pool to
: suck from but the neighbors do, I might try to talk him into splitting
: the system with me, while he's rebuilding.
:
: I don't know what I'm going to do about the airplane. I'm not going
: to start again from scratch. So if I can find a project, or a flying
: homebuilt that could use some upgrades, I think I'll buy. 4 place is
: my only hard requirement.
:
:
:So sorry about the shop and project, but glad you didn't lose the house.
:Life goes on. Some times it sucks a little bit. :-(

When I look at our neighbors, believe me, life doesn't suck even a
tiny bit. I feel totally blessed.