Old February 8th 12, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

Default Intro to Soaring - Powerpoint Presentation

On Feb 8, 11:33*am, "Dan Marotta" wrote:
I don't have what you're asking for, but, if you're planning to allow
students to sit in the cockpit or get close to the assembled glider, please
give them a good briefing about handling such a delicate and expensive piece
of equipment.

I once let a neighborhood kid sit im my glider while I was working on it in
the street in front of my house. *He must have seen a video of Patty
Wagstaff throwing her Extra around the sky, because he immediately began
slamming the stick back and forth from one stop to the other.

"Steve" wrote in message

Hi all,

I'm planning to show my glider at a local high school and also have
the opportunity to give a 30 minute talk on "What is Soaring".

Does anyone have access to a PowerPoint presentation/file that could
be emailed to me? I'll have access to their audio/visual system and
it would be a great addition to the day. Thanks in advance.

Steve Vihlen
SV

I do that while thermaling. Are you not suppose to slam the stick
back and forth from stop to stop?

XF