Old February 9th 12, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Intro to Soaring - Powerpoint Presentation

On Feb 8, 9:38*pm, Bill D wrote:
On Feb 8, 8:12*pm, Tony V wrote:

On 2/8/2012 11:33 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:

I once let a neighborhood kid sit im my glider while I was working on it
in the street in front of my house......

A friend took his DG300 to the local mall for display. An 8 year old
went over to the down wingtip and walked the wing up to the fuselage.

Tony "6N"

There's a message there - don't put a wingtip down, use two wing
stands to keep the wings level if you're going to show a glider in
public crowds. *It looks better that way anyway. *Take along someone
for crowd control if you can.

Plus, put tail boom on a stand to keep the horizontal well out of
reach and to pose the glider. One wing high, the other low strikes a
nice pose. I drilled a one inch hole in several round paving slabs,
then cut some pvc lengths and glued t-joints on top. These make good
stanchions. A bright yellow poly rope runs from stanchion to
stanchion to rope off the area and allow one point of entry/exit to
the glider area. Bring extra help.

Frank