Old September 25th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default glider trailer tires

Ken Ward wrote:
what's the story on tires? is it OK to use regular automotive radial
tires or are ST tires required?

thanks,
Ken

Use the heavist duty tires that will fit your rims (or get bigger
rims). There is something about trailer duty that is hard on tires.
Myself and several friends have had tire blow-outs in recent years on
tires that should have been ok. It might be the (slight) fish-tailing
that you see on all trailers in tow is extra hard on the side walls,
but I really don't know for sure. I am refering to single axle trailers
(no experience with dual axle).

Tom Seim
2G
Richland, WA