Old October 3rd 04, 07:21 PM
Nigel T Peart

If the masses buy this supercharger, the cost will come down,hey?
It's all about 'economies of scale'.
I hope this supercharger IS successful, as I believe it's a far more
reliable option than
a turbo conversion can ever be. OK, not as much performance, but
probably enough for most folk.

"The Weiss Family" wrote in message

"Nigel T Peart" wrote in message

OK, found the link!

http://www.forcedaeromotive.com/

Holy Cow! $20K?
I'm sure they're trying to recover their R&D costs.
But at that price, it's prohibitive for many owners.

That's why I was wondering where the disparity with a high-end automotive
system priced at $4K comes from.
I would be willing to pay over double that for a supercharger in my plane,
but 5X seems a bit high.

Is it even conceivable to think that there could ever be a supercharger
system for the masses?

Adam