Old February 18th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Texas Parasol Plans...

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:29:05 -0500, "Jean-Paul Roy"
wrote:

Monty, I'm glad you made this intervention here. The Texas Parasol always
attracted me as a project after my actual plane (CH701) is finished, just
for the sake of enjoying building something.

I downloaded the plans from Matronic last week and I was just going to send
Richard $30.00 for his CD or DVD.

As of NOW the files are DELETED and you just saved me $30.00.

Thanks
Jean-Paul (back to the 701 construction) Roy

And just to make things clear, I don't have a pony in this race.
I did not buy plans. I did not invest ANY time or money in the
project, and there was no reason for my Friend Gary to say anything
negative about the plane EXCEPT the fact he is VERY dedicated to SAFE
flying. He, and a lot of the other fellows, were hoping it would be a
good, cheap plane, and easy to build and fly. The building method is
VERY interesting, but to get proper hole edge clearances the longerons
in the cabin area should be 1" angle.
If built "inside out" with the flats of the angles in, instead of out,
you would not have issues with the fabric at the rivet heads, and you
would also have a smoother interior. Lots of other little
"improvements" that would make it a better plane - .

Really just needs a good designer to go ever it and fix the little
details - the ones that make the current rendition difficult to build
and less than adequate structurally. As they say, the devil's inthe
details - and they will kill you.