Old May 19th 20, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Crazy Idea # 54-1A i.e. Erase all State Soaring Records every 10 years..

Sorry, Nick. I guess I was still fixating on the "Erase all State Records every 10 years" title of the thread.

Best of the Year sounds doable and desirable, but the requirements simply cannot be as stringent as an actual record declaration and claim. They are onerous enough, and I know of several Moriarty pilots who have actually applied for State records, with no satisfactory results. Either the record keepers are unwilling to process the claim, or too much time elapses and the claim gets rejected because of the time constraints.