Old August 30th 04, 04:06 PM
C J Campbell

"Brian Burger" wrote in message
ia.tc.ca...

And Kerry is the 'left' in the US Presidential race. Imagine where
this leaves W... (goosestepping rapidly over the horizon, possibly...)

Wow. We start right off with Godwin's law.

Then, too, we wonder what is "right" about Nazis or "left" about communists.
There doesn't seem to be much difference between them and in fact they
historically imitated and admired each other up until Germany invaded the
Soviet Union. Was Saddam Hussein "right" or "left?" He admired Hitler, but
allied with the Soviet Union.

What is "liberal" about a Europe or Canada that is grossly intolerant of
differing political or social views? What is "liberal" about Kerry
supporters that trash storefronts and beat Bush supporters up? How is their
behavior any different from that of thugs in 1935?

Maybe I am jaded, but as far as I can see the only thing people are
interested in these days is in exercising dominion over others. They want
power, and are willing to go to any lengths and use any means to get it.
Ethics, justice, right and left: they are just hollow words signifying
nothing. I truly long for leaders who are genuinely just men, who are honest
and moral, who will not steal or lie. I would vote for such a person no
matter where on the spectrum of "left" or "right" he fell.