Old March 22nd 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Default Glareshield Overhaul?

Dave Butler wrote:
Mike Spera wrote:

After 13 years since recovering, my Cherokee 140 glareshield vinyl has
developed a crack that has gotten pretty ugly.

I was happy with the original (when the covering was new). I liked the
fact that it was solid and could be grabbed as a handhold.

I'm surprised you think it's a good idea to use it as a handhold. Most
of the glareshield installations I'm familiar with are just attached
with a few flimsy screws.

Mine must be screwed in pretty good. It ain't movin. I really appreciate
it when I am under the panel changing vac filters and such. If I put in
this flimsy velcro installed thing I have no idea what I would haul
myself up with.

Mike