Old April 5th 19, 11:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael N.

Default Buying LS3a or ASW20a? ~$25k cross country glider. Which one and why?

So I have never imported a glider from overseas, although I understand it is relatively commonly done.
Any insight on how difficult this process is and in general the cost involved?
Obviously I understand I have to get the current conversion rate. But what about shipping fees, customs clearance, FAA registration and inspection requirements, etc. I don't want to go too far off topic here, but some general insight would be helpful.
I had thought about the import option and was thinking at my price range it would not be worth the trouble. However maybe some general insight in the process would be useful.
Wow, again so much great information here. Thanks all