Old November 30th 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Max Weight of Non Lift Producing Components

On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 10:13:28 PM UTC-6, Tony wrote:
the only way to know is to weigh the wings separately. That is what we did the last time we did a W&B on the Cirrus. That was part of incorporating the Tech Note from Schemmp Hirth to increase the weight of non lifting parts.

Or, if you want to know how much the fuselage and tail weigh, you can weigh them rather than weigh the wings and subtract that from the empty weight. The former gives you the weight you really want to know. The latter assumes the previous empty weight is still accurate, and there there have been no changes made to anything in the fuselage or wings.

Steve Leonard