Old June 3rd 18, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy

Default 5th year of living dangerously with LiFePo4 batteries

So is the problem of a fire caused by a dead short across the battery terminals?
Shouldn't a inline fuse coming off the positive terminal take care of any fire problem? I realize a wrench or something like it placed across the terminals would cause a massive short and possible fire, but lacking that, whats the problem?
Do these things spontaneously combust? I have two in my ship and want to know.