Old October 8th 05, 12:52 AM

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:37:52 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 18:31:27 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:
Read it when the Deakin dude wrote it. But to paraphrase, SI1094D C7&9
recommends running their turbocharged engines at 65% 125 degrees ROP
"for optimum service life", not the 50 degrees mentioned in the
article.

And it's a nice way to foul plugs...

Two words. bull and crap. How many 100 hour inspections does it take
to make 100,000 hours? You want to tell me what a fouled plug looks
like?

Again, I have repeatedly seen what happens when you run at 75% at peak
or 50 degrees ROP (elevated CHT and oil temp, accelerated e-valve
guide wear), I don't need to read about it...

So after all that, what the hell is your point?

My main point would be that if you do not have personal experience lab
testing, operating, and/or maintaining the turbo-supercharged
TIO-540-S1AD at LOP cruise, the POH economy/best power cruise, or
Lycoming's SI1094D recommended cruise you should sit down and shut
up.

My first post in this thread quite clearly suggested that someone
considering LOP ops should contact the most knowledgeable person in
the industry before doing so, subsequent posting covered the other two
modes of operation.

And what real DATA do you have other than "what you learned on the shop
floor? Lycoming has somewhat better fuel distribution than TCM, but no
enough to run LOP in STOCK CONFIGURATION?

Again, aside from referencing an Avweb article or two and quoting the
same LOP mantra that I have heard for the last 15 years, what new
information have you offered for public consumption?

If I had relevant LOP related info, I would share it. When I was
getting out of the TIO-540 game, GAMI was just starting to do testing
on Lycoming engines. I am familiar enuff with LOP theory and operation
to know that before performing "the big pull" you should probably get
educated, not just read about it in the 'groups.

Perhaps you haven't personally seen hundreds of thousands of dollars
worth of GA engines/cylinders destroyed by pilot/owners that were
ignorant-not stupid-ignorant-and haven't had to listen to 20+ years
of boo-hoo-hooing about it. So there is no mistake, I am not referring
to destruction by LOP operation.

And while hopping on the LOP bandwagon, not to mention preaching to
the choir, you somehow think you can share some mysterious aspect of
conventional peak-ROP TIT cruise that I've somehow missed.

Sorry, but I've still got the giggles over the "ensuring the your TO
FF is NO LESS than redline" statement.

TC