Old October 4th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Scott

Default Simple COTS gps

I agree. A simple Garmin eTrex at $100 will produce a log acceptable to
the OLC and has a display that can be set up to present the same data as a
Volkslogger (minus pressure altitude, but will display GPS alitude). I now
carry one in my luggage compartment as a backup logger.

John Scott

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"toad" wrote in message
oups.com...
This would be perfect for a simple GPS logger. It's cheap too.

http://www.googleearthstore.com/Prod...uctCode=1-TSII

At first blush, that seemed like a wonderful idea... But then one
wonders why not just pay less money to get a cheap (real) GPS that will do
the same thing, plus it would actually have a display?

Am I missing something here?

Vaughn