Old May 13th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default MoGas Tips, Tricks, Concerns, How To

"Frank Stutzman" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
Hmmm. Let's see. Shall I believe the guy who runs a multi-million
dollar aircraft exhaust system business (and has no incentive to lie to
me), or shall I believe Usenet?

Teledyne Continental and (I think) Lycoming have both gone on record
to say that mogas is damaging to their engines. They are certainly
multi-millon dollar aircraft engine companies and have have no
incentive to lie to you.

Yet you, Jay, are an ardent user of mogas. Who do believe: the engine
companies or Usenet?

Just what damage is caused by mogas? I don't believe either company has
ever provided one iota of evidence. It is more the lawyers talking than
anyone that actually knows an engine from a rock.

I'd ask your exhaust system rebuilder to show you the data. I doubt
he really has any and that he is perpetrating yet another aviation
old wives tale. If he does actually have valid data, I'd wager that
a different conclusion could be drawn from it.

--
Frank Stutzman (who uses both mogas AND LOP operations)
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"